earthwork n : an earthen rampart
Earthworks can refer to:
- Earthworks (archaeology) "lumps and bumps" on the landscape showing archaeological features;
- Earthworks (engineering) in civil engineering based on moving massive quantites of soil;
- Earthworks (corporation), audio equipment company;
- Earthworks (novel) by Brian Aldiss;
- Earthworks (art) style of art.
(band), a jazz band led by drummer Bill Bruford;
- Earthworks (album), the band's self titled debut album
- Earthworks High School, an experimental school in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, from 1971-1978.
abatis, advanced work, arch dam, backstop, balistraria, bamboo curtain, bank, banquette, bar, barbed-wire entanglement, barbican, barrage, barricade, barrier, bartizan, bastion, battlement, bear-trap dam, beaver dam, boom, breakwater, breastwork, brick wall, buffer, bulkhead, bulwark, casemate, cheval-de-frise, circumvallation, cofferdam, contravallation, counterscarp, curtain, dam, defense, demibastion, dike, ditch, drawbridge, embankment, enclosure, entanglement, escarp, escarpment, fence, fieldwork, fortalice, fortification, gate, glacis, gravity dam, groin, hydraulic-fill dam, iron curtain, jam, jetty, leaping weir, levee, logjam, loophole, lunette, machicolation, mantelet, merlon, milldam, moat, mole, mound, outwork, palisade, parados, parapet, portcullis, postern gate, rampart, ravelin, redan, redoubt, roadblock, rock-fill dam, sally port, scarp, sconce, seawall, shutter dam, stockade, stone wall, tenaille, vallation, vallum, wall, weir, wicket dam, work